chalk it up...

Well, It's Monday morning, and I am sitting here in my studio in front of the fireplace, and trying to force myself to be productive... It's one of those days that I could easily lose myself in a good book or a heart wrenching chick-flick...*sigh*

Oh well, losing myself in creative studio time isn't such a bad idea either!  

 Not long ago, I decided to pull out a long neglected scrapbook medium and try to bring it back into use...  What medium? Chalk. I have a bunch of scrapbook chalks from a couple different brands, and they have been sitting in a drawer for ages... 

So, I pulled them out and began playing with chalk and stencils...
Well, I guess you can say I now remember why they are sitting in a drawer neglected...  I don't know if they are too old (does chalk get too old?), if they just aren't a high quality chalk, or maybe it's user error, but I really don't like working with them... They didn't spread well, and they seemed too hard... Maybe I'm just used to working with artist grade chalks, but I was disappointed... I've been reading about some other chalks (PanPastels) and they sound more like what I was expecting in chalks.... anyone know anything about them?  I might have to get my hands on some and try them out.

I couldn't, however, let all my hard effort go to waste, so here's a quick card... 

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: My Minds Eye, white cardstock
Ink: VersaMark, Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Black Soot)
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Ovals"
Other: brass stencil, embossing powder, string, rhinestones

Comments