turning gears...

Does this make my mouth look big?

 This kid cracks me up with what he will do for the camera... Here, he is smashing his mouth into a magnifying glass. Why?  No idea.   =)

I used my Cricut to cut out a bunch of gears from chipboard with Accents Essentials. (I think they are supposed to be flowers, but I like them better for gears.)
I covered them with VersaMark, then 2-3 layers of UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel).  I then did a very thin layer of silver embossing powder. The silver floated on top of the UTEE, giving it a some what distressed look. To add even more texture, I sprinkled on some UTEE and let it partially melt. As it melted, it pushed the floating silver away, leaving little dots of clear.  However, if you try to melt it all the way, it will just mix with the silver and you lose the effect. 
I also pressed a rubber stamp into the hot embossing powder to leave a script image. I sponged on black acrylic paint, and then wiped it off leaving behind the paint in all the little indentations. This really brings out the texture!

Ok.. lights are flickering... this storm may knock out our power yet.. guess I should get off the internet.

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used: 
Paper: My Minds Eye, Coredinations, Bazzill, chipboard
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Letter", Clear ARt Stamps "Frame It"
Ink: VersaMark, StazOn (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Black Soot), Memento (Tuxedo Black), MarkIt (Stone Grey), All Purpose Ink (Cool Gray)
Cricut: Accents Essentials
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Other: Glossy Accents, UTEE, embossing powder, brads, acrylic paint, acrylic, string

Comments