soar...

There is something about watching kids play in the sand that is inspiring!

 Funny story about this LO.... I usually design my LOs on magnetic boards, then glue things down once I have everything how I like it... I knew that the yellow paper needed to be glued down to the 12x12 cardstock no matter what because it wasn't a full 12x12 sheet of patterned paper... Me, being the highly intelligent person that I am,  realized AFTER I had arranged all those little butterflies that I hadn't glued my base together... SO, I had to brush off all my carefully placed butterflies so I could glue my base together without smashing the butterflies. After that, I had to re-arrange all my butterflies so I could glue them down. Highly frustrating at the time, but funny now. =)    Guess I should think things through a little better....

These butterflies are have been punched out of patterned papers using the Martha Stewart butterfly punch. Only the bodies of each butterfly is glued down to allow the wings to lift. I also randomly adhered some of the butterflies with foam dots for added variety.  I then used a toothpick to apply Stickles to the bodies of each of the butterflies.

 Because I cut the word "soar" out of the same paper as the swirl, and I wanted the title to stand out, I applied a layer of Glossy Accents over the word.  It is a simple yet effective way to make certain elements pop. I love that stuff! =)


Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies used:
Paper: Coredinations, Michelle Coleman "Wild Sorbet" digi paper
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black), Distress Ink (Wild Honey)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Fairy Dust
Cricut: Home Decor, Calligraphy Collection
Other: Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Stickles, Glossy Accents

Comments