watercolor cards...

Happy  Monday-after-Thankgiving!  

I have been happily enjoying leftover turkey sandwiches this past week end... I think those might just be the best part of Thanksgiving dinner. =)

I have also been finishing up on the large collection of "simple" cards my sister requested for Christmas....


These cards are all blank on the inside making them perfect for any occasion!  They were also a lot of fun to make.  I felt like I was back in kindergarten making crayon shaving pictures. =)


The colorful backgrounds were made from coffee filters. I love how they can withstand heat and water! Makes them the perfect surface for this technique.  

I first saturated the coffee filter with a mixture of water and Perfect Pearls (for shimmer).  I then took my watercolor crayons and shaved of thin bits with a craft knife.  I did this right over my wet filter so they would land randomly.  When they hit the water, they started dissolving and wicking in random ways. When I was happy with the amount of color on there, I gave a few more squirts of water to dissolve any remaining clumps, then dried it with my heat gun.  The crayons have such vibrant pigments! 

I used my watercolor crayons and shimmer water fir the stamped images. I first VERY lightly misted the stamp, then colored directly on the stamp with my watercolor crayons.  I then added another light mist or two to dissolve the crayon, and stamped... It isn't a perfect impression, but it has a fabulous watercolor look!  A few faux pearls for dimension, and a sting bow, and they're ready to go!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Paper Studio, white cardstock
Stamps: Tim Holtz "Natures Elements"
Ink: All Purpose Ink (Rose Pink, Cerulean Blue, Burgundy, Autumn Leaf, Peony Purple, Ash Rose)
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Ovals"
Other: Coffee Filters, Watercolor Crayons, Perfect Pearls, faux pearls, string

Comments