focus...focus...

I have a confession to make.... ever since I put together my rhinestone tutorial, I have gone a bit rhinestone crazy.... Since rhinestones at the craft store cost so much, I finally decided I needed to find a resource for wholesale rhinestones to keep up with my addiction without breaking the bank... Hopefully soon I will have a nice large stash.... Sorry fam... everything is bling-ed up from now on!

However, I can sit down and focus (when absolutely necessary)... which it was necessary yesterday. As you know I do technique tutorials over on the Creative Inspirations blog every Monday. This is what I came up with this time.

Paper: DCWV, mulberry paper, plain cardstock
Ink: VersaMark, Archival, Printworks Designer ink
Stamps: Hero Arts "Silhouette Burst"
Basic Grey "Swirly"
CI paint: Sea Foam, Fairy Dust
Other: embossing powder

You can find the step by step instructions here.
Basically, I covered a piece of cardstock with CI paint. I then stamped my image with VersaMark, and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then went over the whole piece with my dye ink. You are left with a great resist image, with a bucket load of shine!

I stamped swirls over the ink with Archival ink. I then glued a piece of mulberry paper behind it, and attached it to my card.

I inked the edges of my card with the same ink I used on my focal image. I then went over it again with Fairy Dust CI. Since Fairy Dust is transparent, it doesn't change the color, it just adds that subtle shimmer that helps tie the whole card together.
Well, I guess I should get busy again... lots to do, lots to do.
Have a fantastic day!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. That turned out so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I have got to try the technique- so did you use the same color dye ink over the resist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Kassi, I am luvin' this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment