ready to party?

Hello everyone!

We have been having quite the thunderstorms here... Man, I LOVE thunderstorms! It does, however, limit my crafting abilities....

Today, we are officially kicking of the 1 year birthday bash over at Creative Inspirations Paint blog! I wanted to inspire people to use the CI paints in their party planning, so I challenged the DT to bling up some party favors! Check out what the team did... it is great stuff!

Here is my party favor... I find making sour cream containers to be tons of fun... Not sure why.... Oh well...
Paper: Shabby Princess Designs "Festival"
CI Paint: Mango, Green Olive, Fairy Dust
Ink: Memento
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps "Thoughtful Notes"
Other: Maya Road chipboard shapes, acrylic paint, jump ring, tagger tail

I added some shimmer to my patterned paper by painting directly over parts of the design with Fairy Dust. This is a quick and easy way to add a little bling to any paper.

I base coated the chipboard shapes with white acrylic paint. Because of the water based nature of CI paints, they are kind of transparent. If you paint directly onto the chipboard, the brown color will show through a little. A base coat takes care of the problem.

I used a jump ring to connect the chipboard pieces together to allow motion. I then used my tagger gun to attach them to the sour cream container. (FYI: tagger guns shoot tiny plastic tagger tails through things... They are the same things that stores use to attach price tags to your shirts. I used to attach coupons to clothes using this tool... It was my favorite way to pass time when I worked at a store. However, they are VERY dangerous! The tagger slipped while I was making this project, and yes, blood was spilt. My poor finger.... sigh. So please be careful!)

So, have a fabulous day!!!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Love this idea- and love the shimmer. Great party favors-TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassi, beautiful job! Great job on the sour cream container party favor! Love how you added the shimmer to the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you added the shimmer to the paper. This is such a great idea and you sure made it nice and sparkly! Great Job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great party favor with a personal touch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment