I am happy to present my very first VIDEO tutorial! YAY!!!
Someone on the Cricut messageboard asked if it was possible to make the oh so popular rhinestone templates with the Cricut. Well, I had been messing around with the idea for a while, but I decided to share what I have come up with.
I use the Gypsy here. I am a mac girl, so Design Studio and I just aren't very good friends.... but I think the technique will still work with it.
A few things I learned:
1. Don't bump, tip, or drop an open container of rhinestones.
2. if you do bump, tip, or drop an open container of rhinestones, don't do it over your computer keyboard.... or a long shag carpet.
3. the heat applicators are HOT. Don't touch.
4. it is a good idea to test your ideas, and learn how to use the tools before trying to teach others... otherwise you kinda look stupid... *thank goodness for the edit features!!!*
5. melted vinyl stinks.
6. don't bother trying to scold a obedience school drop-out dog with a rolled up piece of paper.
7. If you do try to scold said dog with a rolled up piece of paper, make sure that paper isn't your current project.
8. If it is your current project, don't expect to get it back... at least in one piece.
9. voice overs are a lot harder than they sound
10. thank goodness for computer junkie dads who can figure out not only how to upload your videos onto his computer, but also how to bypass imovie to send your video to your personal computer for easy editing. Love you dad!
Have a fabulous day everyone!