the orchid wrap...

Hey all!

This week we are continuing the B-day celebrations over at Creative Inspirations Blog by using the CI paints on gift wrap.

Now, I had many different ideas about what to do for this challenge... Nothing seemed to be working out how I wanted though... This is what I finally came up with.
Paper: Bazzill, white cardstock
Cricut: Pagoda, Plantin Schoolbook, Cindy Loo
CI paint: Winter Frost, Fuchsia, Sunshine
Other: ribbon, Studio G flock, Inksentials white pen

I wanted to keep my project simple, yet elegant. The box is made from 2 pieces of 12x12 cardstock that I folded, cut, and glued.

I love orchids, so I wanted to try to make one. I wanted some dimension to it, so I designed it in 3 layers on my Gypsy. Each layer was cut out of plain white cardstock then painted. I think the shimmer makes it look almost metalic.
The white details were added with the Inkssentials opaque white pen.
I made my fuzzy centers by putting drops of hot glue on a non-stick craft sheet, then covering them with flock. When they were cool, I simply popped them off the mat, and glued them on.
Well, I hope you like my simple take on this challenge. Don't forget to check out the CI blog here to see the other great ideas. Also, the CI blog is having a blog hop on Sunday. It should be lots of fun! There is a big announcement, projects from the whole DT, and a great prize to be won. So don't forget to join the fun on Sunday! *hint: you will want to start at the CI blog and follow the directions from there.... just sayin'...*

have a sparkly day!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Beautiful job Kassi! I love your take, so simple yet so elegant! Love the shimmery orchid! Such a pretty touch to the gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of this, the orchid looks real!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gift box. That orchid is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful job Kassi. Love the orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous flower- and a great idea for the center of the flower- I have never heard of that! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment