bridal shower...

Hello, hello, hello!

A good childhood friend of mine is getting married soon... This is the card I made for her bridal shower. (Alika.... you ready to make the wedding card???)
Paper: White cardstock
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Doodles and Things", "Delight", TPC Studios "Playful Expressions"
Ink: Memento, VersaMark, Archival, Distress ink
CI paint: Winter Frost, Tutu Pink
Cricut: Accents Essentials
Other: glitter, grungeboard swirl, UTEE, Pearl Ex, bead, wire, netting, rhinestones, flower centers, Provo Craft "Swiss Dots" embossing folder

I covered the grungeboard swirl with distress ink, UTEE, and Pearl Ex... This was the first time I had tried this technique, and I must say, I have fallen in love with it! It has such an fabulous finished look!

I ran the base cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder, then gently rubbed distress ink over it. This highlights the raised areas, and adds depth
I cut the pieces of the rose out of white cardstock using my Cricut. I marbled the petals, then added glitter. I didn't have a good center, so I made my own. I strung a round bead on a wire. I then rolled the bead in VersaMark, and covered in UTEE. I kept adding UTEE until it was the size I wanted, then covered in Pearl Ex.

this is the inside of the card. I brushed on Tutu Pink CI paint around the edges for a soft shimmery finish.
The flowers were stamped with Tutu pink as well. The soft color and intense shimmer add such an elegant touch!

Have a fabulous evening everyone! I'm thinkin' it's dinner time. =)
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Bet your friend will love this beautiful card! Love the UTEE and PearlEx technique!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment