family...

Hello all! Wow, the week passes so fast! I had meant to post more this week...
Oh well, I'm here now. =)

Today I have a LO to share. I love this sweet picture of my brother. (and he was worried about if he would be a good dad...LOL!) This was the day that my nephew was brought home from the hospital...
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Fancy Pants Creative Card, white cardstock
Ink: VersaMagic, Archival, Distress ink, VersaMark, India Ink
Stamps: Fancy Pants "Pollen Dust", "In My Words", "Little Star"
Die Cuts: Cricut "Home Decor"
Others: Inksenssials Opaque pen, lace, Glimmer Mist, Grungeboard shapes, rhinestones, Distress Embossing powder

For the title, I cut the word "family" out of vinyl with my Cricut to use as a mask. I used a couple colors of distress ink over the mask... I love this look! *note: test your vinyl on a scratch paper similar to the paper you are using.... It usually comes off with out a problem, but I have had a couple of papers rip on me.*

I colored the lace with Glimmer Mist. This is a quick way to change the color of large ribbons like this big lace. Simply spray, and allow to dry. *note: protect your work area! Glimmer Mist is beautiful, but it does tend to get messy.*

All the flowers, vines, and leaves were stamped around the edges. I like using stamps to personalize a basic paper into the perfect patterned paper. I also put tiny rhinestones in the center of each flower for a little added dimension and sparkle.

I stamped one corner of the photo with Archival Ink, then highlighted the swirls with Inksenssials Opaque pen. A little had doodled highlighting is a quick way to take your stamped images up a notch.

The Grungeboard hearts were embossed with Distress Embossing powder, stamped with a portion of a swirl stamp, then edged with ink. IRL, you can see a lot of depth and texture in the hearts.

The journaling was done on a Fancy Pants Creative Card. To give it a little more character, I did my journaling with a fountain pen. I haven't done that in a while, so I had to practice a bit.... It is really fun to do though =)

Well, it is late, so I'll sign off for now... Until next time, have a wonderful day!
~Kassi

Comments

  1. Kassi,
    What a great picture. Good idea about using the vinyl as a mask, I will have to try that out.
    Thanks for sharing
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment