ice castle...

"Daughter of Light came upon a glistening white mountain, frozen in time on a sea of ice. Above all else, she knows that this mountain was more than it appeared. It was home."
-Tin Man

Hello all! Time for another CIDT challenge! This week's challenge was to find inspiration from a favorite movie... I chose Tin Man. For those who don't know, it is a modern spin off of The Wizard of Oz....
My inspiration came from the ice castle part of the movie.

Paper: Fancy Pants, white cardstock, chipboard
Stamps: Basic Grey "Euphoria"
Ink: Archival, Memento
CI paint: Winter Frost, Buttercup, Green Olive
Die Cut: Nestabilities "Label Six"
Other: Crackle Accents, jump rings, earrings, beads, ribbon

A little while ago, I got an email from my cousin asking if I would be willing to teach a class on making the very popular beaded watchbands.... of course I was thrilled! (Don't get me wrong.... I'm no jewelry expert here!) So I dusted off my jewelry making supplies and found that I had a very pathetic bead collection! LOL! Well, long story short, I have been really into making jewelry lately, and since my bead collection leaves something to be desired, I have started making beads.
These homemade beads are covered in the shimmery Winter Frost Creative Inspirations paint... How perfect for an ice castle, huh! Well, in the movie, D.G. has to break through the ice to find the door... So I added some Crackle Accents by Ranger....

I used a 1/8th inch punch to punch holes in the cardstock to hang the earrings on... this is such a cute and easy way to gift or sell homemade jewelry!

Make sure to check out all the other fabulous projects over at the CI blog!
Have a wonderful day!
Kassi

Comments

  1. Cool earrings. I like how you use the movie to create the bead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kassi,
    I totally love the earings. I have a blog award for you on my blog, be sure to swing on by and pick it up
    Stacy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea Kassi- I never thought to make jewelry with the CI Paints..... Love your inspiration too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the earrings Kassi! You're so talented! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment