found my marbles...

Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a fabulous Monday! As usual, I have a project to share with you that I made for the Inspirations Monday over at the Creative Inspirations Paint blog. I also thought I would share the video here as this is a fun technique for anyone... stampers, diecutters, cardmakers, and scrapbookers alike. =)

I made a video showing this technique because although this technique is easy, I thought it would be a lot easier to show than to photograph... *and, I'm starting to really like using my video camera....watch out world!* LOL!

Here is the card I made with CI Marbled paper... Doesn't this technique look great for a fall leaf? However, switch up the colors and it could be a beautiful spring flower, an elegant ornament... whatever!

Paper: Coredinations, white cardstock
Ink: VersaMark, Distress ink
Stamps: Inkadinkado, Prima, SEI "Mimosa"
CI paint: Beige
Die cuts: Cricut "Gypsy Wanderings"
Other: Rhinestones, ribbon, embossing powder

Ok, on to the good stuff... the messy *and fabulously fun* stuff... the how-to...


*couple quick notes on the video:
1. Yes, my hands are shimmery. This wasn't the first project of the day.=)
2. A little soap and water will take the paint right off your hands, so no worries!
3. I was doing the voiceover late last night (to avoid phone calls, and other interruptions), and I said I used Winter Frost and Antique Silver CI paint for the leaf... I actually used Beige... oops. *


Here is an up-close of the leaf... the shimmer is amazing! I used Beige CI paint, and Rusty Hinge, Mustard, Walnut Stain, and Mahogany distress inks to color the paper. After it was completely dry (ok, so I used a heat gun, but that is cuz I'm way too impatient to let things dry on their own... *grin*) ANYWAY... after it was dry, I ran it through my Cricut just like any other piece of paper. It cut beautifully, and without any problems.... A few rhinestone accents, and a little silver bow, and my leaf was ready.

For the card, I inked the edges of the base paper. I then stamped the background music stamp by Prima and inked the edges of the next layer. To finish it off, I added one more layer, stamped leaves, and inked the edges of that too. I then stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and heat embossed. This helped to make the letters stand out against the dark background.

A little tip: If you want the base of your card to have rounded corners, wait to round those corners until you have glued your paper on. This way both the front paper and the base of the card have matching rounded corners.

Well, that's it from me for tonight...
Have a fabulous evening, and I'll be back soon with more to share!
~Kassi

Comments