paper necklace...

Continuing on with the jewelry theme from yesterday, I was playing around with UTEE and my Cricut.....
Paper: white cardstock
Stamps: Glitz "Distressing"
Ink: VersaMark, VersaMagic
Cricut: Home Accents
Other: Pearl Ex, Doodlebug glitter, Glossy Accents, bead, jump rings, decorative head pin, wire necklace
Yup, this is a PAPER bead! I cut 6 layers of paper, glued them together, punched some holes, then decorated!
I covered the paper in a thick layer of UTEE. This gives the bead protection from bending, ripping, and moisture. I used several colors of Pear Ex to get a beautiful pearly color. I also brushed on a nice layer of Glossy Accents on one side and covered with Doodlebug's chunky glitter.

I wanted to add interest and movement to the piece, so I used a jump ring and decorative head pin to attach a real bead in the hole where it can swing...

The necklace i think I got at WalMart, but I'm not sure.... I've had it for quite a while.... It is made to swap out the focal medallion... this way you only need one base necklace, and can just buy a bunch of medallions to match your outfits.... or in this case, make new medallions. LOL!

Have a fabulous day! I'm off to get creative!
Kassi

Comments

  1. Kassi,
    This is so cool. I have seen a lot of stuff made with Utee, I may have to give it a try
    Sacy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment