witchy tissue...

Hello my wonderful friends!

For those who don't know, Tim Holtz posts a new tag each month on his blog along with step by step photos of how he makes it. He shares so many great techniques!  

I was inspired by October's tag, and couldn't wait to get started! 

I love the background technique! It is a new twist on an old favorite that I haven't done in quite a while... Faux silk.  I love the wrinkles and texture, as well as the amazing way the Distress Inks accentuate them! I also really like how the inks are translucent, so they don't hide the tissue paper.

I didn't have printed tissue paper, but I love the extra detail it adds, so instead, I used Archival Ink and stamped my own tissue paper. It works great! It also opens up the door to make it whatever color and design you want!

For the glitter, I used the same sticky embossing powder technique that I used in this tutorial.  I love how well it holds the glitter!

The bow is made from crinkle ribbon (by 3 Girl Jam). I'm fairly new to the stuff, but it is a lot of fun, and adds great texture that regular ribbon can't.  The tag is a canvas tag from Maya Road that I stamped with Archival Ink and died with Distress ink to match the card. And that fun main stamp... Great Impressions.

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used:
Paper: Manilla folder, tissue paper, kraft
Ink: Distress Ink, Archival Ink, VersaMark
Stamps: Great Impressions "Hehehe" & "Spider Tree", Fancy Pants "Pollen Dust", Tim Holtz "Odds & Ends"
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Circles"
Other: Maya Road mini canvas tags, Tim Holtz charm, 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon, Amuse sticky embossing powder, string, safety pin, glitter

Comments

  1. Very nice! Those colours are so beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I really like all the adaptations you did to make it your own.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment